From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qt3support USE flag. Is it needed now?
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 20:04:34
1 On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a question.  I'm using KDE4, about to switch to 4.5.2.  Do I need
5 > qt3support anymore?  I'm talking about the USE flag qt3support.  I run into
6 > blocks sometimes and I know KDE3 needed qt3.  I'm just curious if I can get
7 > rid of this USE flag now.  I only have KDE4 installed.  No more KDE3 left
8 > that I know of.
9
10 Going along with what Alan said. qt3support does not use Qt 3 at all.
11 It just puts something like a Qt 3-compatible API into Qt 4, to make
12 porting Qt 3 to Qt 4 apps easier. It is largely insignifcant to you
13 (since it's not pulling in qt3 packages).
14
15 If you have any packages that require this USE flag, their ebuild will
16 require this USE flag. So disable it, emerge --deep --newuse world and
17 see if it complains. If it does, re-enable and continue life with
18 qt3support as if nothing ever happened. :)