From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT} GStreamer: How to view AND record a stream coming from an USB Webcam
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 18:05:22
1 On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 12:54 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > After unsuccessfully trying vlc with a Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam
5 > (over 2 seconds delay between audio and video). I played around
6 > with gstreamer and from bits and pieces from the web I build
7 > this line:
8 >
9 > gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! video/x-h264,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=30/1 ! \
10 > h264parse ! muxout. alsasrc device="hw:3,0" ! queue ! audioconvert ! lamemp3enc ! \
11 > muxout. matroskamux name=muxout streamable=true ! filesink location=c920.mp4
12 >
13 > which records a Full HD video with audio to my harddisc. The delay is
14 > minimal and the sync between audio and video is good.
15 >
16 > But there is one disadvantage:
17 > I cannot see what I am recording and I cannot watch the webcams stream
18 > before I fire up the script because otherwise the device would be "already
19 > in use" (I dont like scripts, which simply kill other applications when
20 > called).
21 >
22 > Any ideas or hints how to manage that?
23
24 Use the tee element. I'm in a hurry, so I cannot test a pipeline right
25 now, but I will try later. Meanwhile, just try to put a queue element
26 after each path of the tee.
27
28 gst-inspect-1.0 tee
29
30 Regards.
31 --
32 Canek Peláez Valdés
33 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias