From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Emerging xinetd: big changes to config file
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:44:56
1 The latest xinetd that I just emerged resulted in a large change to
2 /etc/xinetd.conf. Not unusual, I suppose, but frankly it scares me a
3 bit. I don't really understand the purpose of the changes and I'm
4 not sure of the consequences.
5
6 My solution was to back up the old version, and then install the
7 updated version (with etc-update). However, I'm still nervous
8 about what will happen on the next reboot. I do have to do that
9 from time to time.
10
11 I could figure this out, granted enough spare moments, but I'm
12 hoping there's someone out there who knows what's going on
13 just off the top of their head.
14
15 Is this update actually likely to change the behavior in any
16 ominous way?
17
18 ++ kevin
21 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD