From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installing gentoo with a systemd profile
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 23:06:25
1 On Tue, Jul 21 2015, Jc García wrote:
2
3 > 2015-07-21 14:23 GMT-06:00 <gottlieb@×××.edu>:
4 >> Probably the --unmerge would have worked. But I basically started over
5 >> (untar of the stage3) and applied canek two-step recipe
6 >> First switch to the systemd profile and emerge world
7 >> Second switch to the gnome/system profile and emerge gnome
8 >>
9 >> It worked well.
10 > I guess It worked for you well, that's nice, I just want to add you
11 > shouldn't have taken Kanek's description as a full recipe, he didn't
12 > wrote it but, doing the systemd, and stardard install configuration
13 > before emerging gnome, is importat for many users, especially if en_US
14 > is not your native language[1], and you want to reduce the amount of
15 > to compile/install packages by settings like VIDEO_CARDS,
16 > INPUT_DEVICES, etc .
17 >
18 > Again nice you had the default configuration match want you wanted.
19
20 Canek didn't call it a full recipe; he just said it was what he usually
21 does. Perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully.
22
23 Also I was only talking about the step in the installation guide where
24 called "choosing the right profile". Locales comes later.
25
26 allan