From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Creating installation for "slow" system on a "big" host
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:48:56
1 Hello.
2
3 I finally bought myself a somewhat low end notebook on which I want
4 to install Gentoo as well. Since this is a "low end" box and since
5 my main system is not "low end" :), I'd like to compile as much as
6 possible on the "big" server and then later copy (or whatever) the
7 compiled packages over to the slower system.
8
9 Those two systems will be in a LAN. Always.
10
11 What's the best method to accomplish that? I guess, that there's
12 already documentation about such a setup out there. Thus, I would
13 of course very much appreciate, if you could point me to good
14 documentation.
15
16 Thanks,
17
18 Alexander Skwar
19 --
20 It is often easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.
21 -- Grace Murray Hopper
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list