From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nfs and samba doesn't mount at boot
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:24:56
1 On Friday 15 September 2006 17:46, Pawel K wrote:
2 > Hello
3 > NFS and SAMBA doesn't mount at boot:
4 >
5 > 1. NFS
6 >
7 > I receive the following message at boot:
8 > Sep 15 14:34:34 [rc-scripts] ERROR: cannot start
9 > nfsmount as net.eth0 could not start
10 > Sep 15 14:34:35 [rc-scripts] ERROR: cannot start
11 > netmount as net.eth0 could not start
12
13 [snip]
14
15 > Do You have any idea what can be wrong with my
16 > configuration ?
17
18 The answer is right there in the error messages. The scripts
19 cannot bring up your eth0 interface, so there's a snowball's
20 chance in hell of nfs or samba ever working until that's fixed.
21
22 You need to find out why networking isn't coming up. Start
23 with /etc/conf.d/net and the output from ifconfig.
24
25 Can you use ifconfig to bring the interface up manually?
26 Run /etc/init.d/net.eth0 and inspect the output closely,
27 that'll give you further clues.
28
29 alan
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list