From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't kill /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/nsplugin
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 11:27:59
1 On 15/10/2013 12:39, Grant wrote:
2 >>> Multiple instances of /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/nsplugin keep
3 >>> spawning even after I kill them. I suspect midori although I have the
4 >>> libreoffice plugin disabled. Has anyone else seen this? How can I
5 >>> confirm my suspicions?
6 >>
7 >> ps with the f option ?
8 >
9 > I always do 'ps -ef|grep name' but should that indicate whether midori
10 > is to blame?
11 >
12 > - Grant
15 No, that will grep nsplugin only, that string is unlikely to appear in
16 the line of ps output of it's parent.
17
18 Rather pipe ps -ef into less and search for nsplugin. Less efficient but
19 a) you should care about that and b) you will get everything and none of
20 it chucked away by grep
23 Alan McKinnon
24 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com