From: Bob Sanders <rmsand@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - Need MythTV setup help (resend)
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 03:35:34
1 On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:08:02 -0600
2 Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 > Is there a way to find out what each device node is connected to
7 > hardwarewise? I'm wonderine if /dev/video0 is NOT the correct device
8 > for my tv card, and if one of the other sixty-three /dev/video* nodes,
9 > but I don't want to have to go through each individual one. Is there an
10 > easier way?
13 I'm guessing you're running devfs? Thus every node in the world.
14 If not, and you really are running udev, then edit /etc/conf.d/rc and
15 change - RC_DEVICE_TARBALL="yes" to "no" and reboot. That should
16 clear out all the useless nodes.
17
18 Have you tried /dev/video1?
19
20 Also, do all nodes exists in /dev/v4l? If I were running MythTV,
21 I'd have select one of the modes from -
22 chi rsanders # ls -l /dev/v4l
23 total 0
24 crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 64 Dec 30 06:57 radio0
25 crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 65 Dec 30 06:57 radio1
26 crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 224 Dec 30 06:57 vbi0
27 crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 228 Dec 30 06:57 vbi4
28 crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 232 Dec 30 06:57 vbi8
29 crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 0 Dec 30 06:57 video0
30 crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 16 Dec 30 06:57 video16
31 crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 24 Dec 30 06:57 video24
32 crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 32 Dec 30 06:57 video32
33 crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 48 Dec 30 06:57 video48
34
35 According to xawdecode -h,
36
37 -c video device
38 video4linux video device. For devfs enabled systems, default is
39 /dev/v4l/video or /dev/v4l/video0, in that order. For non devfs
40 systems, default is /dev/video or /dev/video/video0 or
41 /dev/video0, in that order. Note that on /proc enabled systems,
42 video device detection is automagic.
43
44 Bob
45 -