From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Disable IPv6 on an interface?
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 15:56:33
1 On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Grant Edwards
2 <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > How does one disable IPv6 for a particular interface?
4 >
5 > I want eth2 "up" but with no IP address.  Just doing an "ifconfig eth2
6 > up" worked fine until I enabled IPv6 support in the kernel.  Now I get
7 > a link-local IPv6 address just by bringing the interface up -- and I
8 > don't want one.
9 >
10 > Google has found me the anser for Debian, but for Gentoo all it found
11 > was somebody else asking the qeustion (with no answers).
12
13 I didn't try it myself, but what about sysctl?
14
15 net.ipv6.conf.eth0.disable_ipv6=1
16
17 or something like that...