From: Sergey Kobzar <tod.zullu@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Confused - vmx cpuflag missing
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 11:53:20
1 Thursday, May 22, 2008, 2:42:23 PM, Paul wrote:
2
3 > Hey Guys,
4
5 > I'm trying to get a hypervisor running. I've installed Gentoo 64bit on a
6 > new(ish) HP XW6400. When booted with the minimal install CD, /proc/cpuinfo
7 > shows:
8
9 > livecd ~ # cat /proc/cpuinfo
10 > processor : 0
11 > vendor_id : GenuineIntel
12 > cpu family : 6
13 > model : 15
14 > model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5140 @ 2.33GHz
15 > stepping : 6
16 > cpu MHz : 2327.500
17 > cache size : 4096 KB
18 > physical id : 3
19 > siblings : 2
20 > core id : 0
21 > cpu cores : 2
22 > fpu : yes
23 > fpu_exception : yes
24 > cpuid level : 10
25 > wp : yes
26 > flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
27 > cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx
28 > lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est
29 > tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr dca lahf_lm
30 > bogomips : 4657.74
31 > clflush size : 64
32 > cache_alignment : 64
33 > address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
34 > power management:
37 > When running my Xen kernel (xen-sources 2.6.21), I get the following:
38
39 > processor : 0
40 > vendor_id : GenuineIntel
41 > cpu family : 6
42 > model : 15
43 > model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5140 @ 2.33GHz
44 > stepping : 6
45 > cpu MHz : 2327.560
46 > cache size : 4096 KB
47 > physical id : 0
48 > siblings : 1
49 > core id : 0
50 > cpu cores : 1
51 > fpu : yes
52 > fpu_exception : yes
53 > cpuid level : 10
54 > wp : yes
55 > flags : fpu de tsc msr pae cx8 apic sep mtrr cmov pat clflush
56 > acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx lm constant_tsc pni ssse3 cx16
57 > lahf_lm
58 > bogomips : 4657.82
59 > clflush size : 64
60 > cache_alignment : 64
61 > address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
62 > power management:
63
64 > I'm going slightly nuts here - I figure I've done something obvious wrong,
65 > but I can't think what. Any ideas/advice? Something I've missed in
66 > menuconfig?
67
68 > Cheers in advance!
69 > Paul
72 Use x86info to get CPU extended features.
76 Sergey
79 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list