From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user <Gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Lightweight & Simple Proxy that supports upstream authentication
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 04:31:41
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm looking for a simple HTTP+FTP proxy that supports upstream
4 authentication.
5
6 The reason is that we (that is, my employer) have a server that requires
7 Internet access for its setup, but for some reason* my employer does not
8 want to give the contractors a login for the corporate proxy.
9
10 I'm planning of setting up a simple proxy to authenticate against the
11 corporate proxy using one of my credentials, and have the contractor use
12 this simple proxy instead of the corporate one.
13
14 I think Squid can do that... but is there a simpler solution? I truly don't
15 need caching, inter-proxy coordination, or other exotic stuff. Just a way
16 to allow other people to authenticate against the corporate proxy using my
17 credentials, but without giving my credentials away.
18
19 (Of course the simple proxy will be installed on a totally separate system,
20 one under my full control and nobody else's)
21
22 Rgds,