From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems debugging a systemd problem
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 08:30:25
1 Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2
3 > On 28.05.2015 09:39, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 > > No, the journal is gone, it was only in /run which is on a tmpfs file
6 > > system. I can boot from a cd all day long, but it would not help one
7 > > bit.
8 >
9 > Hm, I think it could help for sure as you could chroot in and do
10 > something. For example build a new kernel or initrd or ...
11 >
12 > You removed openrc? Otherwise boot via openrc and (try to) fix stuff.
13 >
14 > You could even reinstall openrc from within chroot ... just to get
15 > bootin again etc etc
23 I still have openrc, but Dracut won't work with it, at least maybe
24 because I have systemd use flag enabled. Also, in retrospect, that
25 would not have solved my specific problems, because it was related to an
26 rd.lv command which is specific to dracut.
27
28 But thanks for your suggestion. I wonder what the rescue target is -- I
29 have never seen that before -- maybe I could configure it so I could
30 boot into a shell and fix things and it would be sort of like a little
31 system of its own.
34 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
35 How do
36 you spend it?
37
38 John Covici