From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Inkscape-0.48.1-r1 really sloooooow
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 23:53:08
1 On 05/20/2011 08:49 AM, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I installed inkscape-0.48.1-r1 on a x86 machine. For a few
5 > seconds/minutes after opening an svg image rendering is fast as
6 > expected, but soon it gets bogged down to the point of seeing the
7 > image being rendered in slow motion, a row at a time if e.g. I scroll
8 > up or down the page. Only 20% of RAM (of 3G total) is being used at
9 > the time, so I'm guessing this could be something to do with the ATI
10 > video card?
11 >
12 > Other graphics apps open at the same time (e.g. Gimp) do not have such
13 > problems rendering graphics (albeit not svg).
14 >
15 > Before I post loads of info which may be unnecessary, have you come
16 > across anything similar and how can I troubleshoot it?
17 >
18 > PS. I unmasked 0.48.1-r1 because 0.48.0 was even worse.
19
20 I don't suppose you have a ton of fonts installed? I've had Inkscape
21 lock up for like 5 minutes at a time when it was loading the font list
22 (either at startup or when opening the text dialog).