From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OpenVPN setup
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:41:38
1 I'm hoping to install openvpn on my remote hosted server. I have
2 three machines to consider:
3
4 1. remote hosted web/mail server
5 2. local firewall, print server
6 3. local laptop
7
8 I'm hoping to use the vpn in three few ways:
9
10 1. imap and smtp between my laptop and the mail server
11 2. ssh from my laptop to the remote server
12 3. cups printing from the remote server to the print server
13
14 I've been over these guides:
15
16 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_OpenVPN_primer
17 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Road_Warriors_with_OpenVPN
18
19 It looks like there are plenty of opportunities for me to screw up so
20 I'm hoping somebody might be able to help when I get stuck.
21
22 The second guide deals with bridging and the first does not. Should I
23 be setting up bridging? The first guide seems simpler. Should I be
24 OK with that one? I'd hate to dig into one of them and then find out
25 I should have chosen the other.
26
27 - Grant
28 --