From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Tragic kernel building for vmware gentoo guest on WinXP
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 23:52:32
1 Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de> writes:
2
3 > From that and the contents of the original initrd you posted in the
4 > former thread and what others already found out:
5 >
6 > This initrd has all all sorts of driver modules for SATA and SCSI
7 > chipsets, so it's most likely that you forgot to compile in the
8 > correct drivers into your custom kernel.
9 >
10 > I think I've seen somebody already identified one of them as some
11 > Fusion SCSI driver, so I guess you would need to compile the Fusion
12 > stuff into your kernel (they even have an own section in
13 > "menuconfig").
14
15 That turned out a failure... already posted here (Sorry about the
16 thread confusion)
17
18 > What this initrd doesn't have is modules for SCSI Disk support and
19 > filesystems, so they seem to be compiled into the kernel directly.
20
21 Yes, compiled in.
22
23 > Could please post the kernels .config (or /proc/config) and lspci
24 > output from the original, working setup?
25
26 Yes, sorry I made you work so hard for the info... you did ask for
27 more info but I got working on this thread and forgot.
28
29 These URLS seem to be loading kind of slow right now:
30
31 lspci on system running 2.4.26-r4
32 www.jtan.com/~reader/kdiag/lspci.html
33
34 config from build of 2.6.24-r8 (This one boots with initrd)
35 www.jtan.com/~reader/kdiag/config.html
36
37 lslR on initrd structure built in kernel tree 2.6.24-r8
38 www.jtan.com/~reader/kdiag/lslR_initrd.html
39
40 lsmod on system running 2.6.24-r8
41 www.jtan.com/~reader/kdiag/lsmod.html