From: Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Portage/emerge became extremely slow
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 09:51:39
1 Hi there,
2
3 In the last months I experienced that emerge takes longer and longer to
4 collect all dependencies, sometimes more than 10 to 20 minutes until it asks
5 me whether to install the packages.
6
7 Today I had a new record. 61min(!) on a i7-Quadcore notebook, 59min user time,
8 i.e. Portage being busy. What is portage doing all the time? It can't be that
9 it takes more than one hour to tell me what packages to install without having
10 installed/compiled one single package!
13 apollo ~ # time emerge -p -avukDN -j2 --verbose-conflicts --keep-going=y --
14 binpkg-changed-deps --with-bdeps=y --rebuilt-binaries=y --exclude cross-
15 armv7v-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/glibc world
16
17 * IMPORTANT: config file '/etc/portage/package.keywords/yapf' needs updating.
18 * See the CONFIGURATION FILES and CONFIGURATION FILES UPDATE TOOLS
19 * sections of the emerge man page to learn how to update config files.
20
21 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
22
23 Calculating dependencies... done!
24
25 [verbose output messages, packages, conflicts skipped here]
26
27 * IMPORTANT: 59 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
28 * Use eselect news read to view new items.
31 real 61m51,252s
32 user 59m5,839s
33 sys 2m45,123s
34 apollo ~ #