From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] DNS Server Patches
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 00:00:13
1 The recently released (early july) advisory on the DNS exploits
2 discovered earlier this year have caused a bit of stir on the
3 BIND mailing lists, and rightly so. Everybody on board with this one?
4
5 CERT Bulletin:
6
7 http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/800113
8
9 Dan Kiersky's own description, and web-based nameserver checker:
10
11 http://www.doxpara.com/
12
13 Alternate web-based nameserver checker (recommended by me! )
14
15 https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/services/dnsentropy
16
17 If your nameservers aren't updated, do so! If your ISP's nameservers
18 aren't updated, hound them relentlessly until they are! This is the
19 only way we can all protect the validity of our clients and our own
20 data.