From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Two problems after switching to elogind
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 17:57:03
1 On Thursday, 16 April 2020 09:18:06 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday, 15 April 2020 11:48:05 BST Dale wrote:
3 > > As to the sound problem, I'd try logging out of the GUI, restarting
4 > > elogind or rebooting, and then trying again. One thing I've noticed
5 > > about elogind, if it or something it depends on triggers the need for a
6 > > restart, it causes some weird problems. Once restarted, everything
7 > > works as it should.
8 >
9 > Well, I can't explain it. After going through the update process again,
10 > everything is working just fine.
11
12 Hah! Never count your chickens until they're hatched. It seems that the sound
13 chip on the motherboard has failed. Now I'm waiting for an HDMI sound splitter
14 to arrive so that I can use the sound driver in the Radeon.
17 Regards,
18 Peter.