From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why is KDE part of the system set?
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 13:12:38
1 Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2 > Am 24.02.2011 13:32, schrieb Dale:
3 >
4 >> My world file is fine. I went through it a while back and it is fairly
5 >> small. It's the system set that is larger than normal.
6 >
7 > Your system set has 50 entries, that seems to be absolutly normal.
8 >
9 > The high count of entries in emerge -e @system comes from USE-flags
10 > like kde (what we have shown in the other post) and probably one or
11 > more other USE-flags.
12 >
13 > To lower the number in emerge -e @system you have to look at your
14 > flags, one by one if nothing else helps. Or you could just ignore it,
15 > because all that is pulled in are dependencies of some sort and not in
16 > your @system.
17 >
18 > Greetings
19 >
20 > Sebastian Beßler
24 And since I use KDE, it's not like I can disable the USE flag either. I
25 may be able to disable or remove some others that are not needed or
26 outdated but still, kde would be there.
27
28 I just wonder if the devs have noticed how much this has grown when
29 packages with X flags are included in the system set?. Would Gnome do
30 the same? What about other GUI's?
31
32 If I do this:
33
34 USE="-*" emerge -pv system
35
36 I get this:
37
38 Total: 50 packages (50 reinstalls)
39
40 What a difference USE flags makes huh?
41
42 Dale
43