From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any UPS recommendations?
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 16:41:04
1 Am Dienstag, 8. Januar 2013, 08:01:47 schrieb Walter Dnes:
2 > I think my UPS is dying. Time to get a new one. It's been years, so
3 > there may be new tech out there I don't know about. My normal usage is
4 > * 1 LCD monitor 24"
5 > * 1 (sometimes 2) "desktop" PCs connected to the monitor
6 > * 1 ADSL router/modem
7 >
8 > What brand and VA rating would people recommend. The stuff I'm
9 > concerned about is the 2 or 3 times a year I get power flickers, or a
10 > short outage. And also, if power is out for more than 5 minutes, and
11 > the battery is running low, I want the PC to be able to sense that and
12 > execute /usr/sbin/hibernate
13
14 not really a recommendation just some facts:
15
16 Bluewalker/Powerwalker VI 1000 LCD 1000 VA PSU.
17 Desktop (X4 955, 24gig, 3 HDD, 5SDD, HD5770) + 28'' Display + Fritzbox:
18
19 20+something minutes of normal desktop usage between power loss and battery
20 low signal
21 nut shuts down system on battery low signal
22 enought time to cleanly shut down and turn off computer
23
24 only partially supported by nut. To turn the beeper on or off you have to use
25 their java based powerwalker software. But the important things work (status,
26 battery low).
29 #163933