From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ebtables on Gentoo?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:15:32
1 > So anyway, my memory of this is all very wishy-washy, but ebtables
2 > turned out to be the best way to implement those inter-VM restrictions.
3 > It could probably have been done in iptables, but ebtables made it easy
4 > to say "don't let these two talk."
5
6 I don;t know the details but I expect that would be a false sense of
7 security and that you would want a secure switch or ssh or ipsec.
11
12 'Write programs that do one thing and do it well. Write programs to work
13 together. Write programs to handle text streams, because that is a
14 universal interface'
15
16 (Doug McIlroy)