From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best language for Ajax Web Developping
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:00:43
1 On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, Strong Cypher wrote:
2
3 > I'm looking for a language really great for ajax web developping
4 >
5 > I really want a list of advantage a disadvantage, like
6 >
7 > Developper available who know well the language
8 > Ajax integration
9 > Framework object oriented ...
10 >
11 > Easy plugins install ...
12 >
13 > I'm searching and searching, I found 2 one
14 >
15 > Ruby, really beautifull, but lake of developper who know it are really a bad
16 > pointed, I can do a mistake perhaps
17 > And so PHP, lot's of people know it, smarty + adodb or pear, and object are
18 > fine, but does exist an alternative ?
19
20 There isn't a language specifically geared to doing AJAX stuff (AJAX is
21 usually Javascript anyway).
22
23 There are a lot of frameworks out there that might make it easier to
24 _generate_ AJAX code and/or work with specific AJAX libraries like
25 Prototype, Scriptaculous, Dojo, etc.
26
27 Some of the better frameworks:
28
29 Ruby on Rails: based on Ruby; comes with Prototype and helpers to work
30 with it. Ive found the Ruby folks to be very helpful - the Rails list is a
31 very high volume list! Very nice framework.
32
33 Symfony: PHP5 object-based; comes with Prototype and helpers; there is a
34 Dojo plugin; Yahoo used this framework to develop their new bookmarks
35 service (http://beta.bookmarks.yahoo.com/); Im using this at work
36 currently and have found it fairly easy to use.
37
38 If you like Python, you might want to check out Django or TurboGears (I
39 dont know much about them since I dont know Python but they have receieved
40 a lot of positive press).
45 A
46 --
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list