From: German <gentgerman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No network
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 11:58:16
1 On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 08:09:12 +0000
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 02:01:20 -0500, German wrote:
5 >
6 > > So I rebuilt my kernel with r8169 for network NIC and rtl8723be for
7 > > Wi-fi NIC, however I can't connect to internet. I think the problem
8 > > here with interfaces, but could be something else, have no clue. I
9 > > remember when I installed openSuse, it listed my interfaces like
10 > > "SP0_something" instead of eth0. But I followed gentoo install doc and
11 > > configured it with eth0. Can it be that problem lays somewhere here?
12 > > And how to get the list of interfaces on my machine?
13 >
14 > ifconfig -a lists all interfaces present.
15
16 Of course I don't have any eth0 interface. What I have are:
17
18 enp2s0
19 lo
20 sit0
21 wlp1s0
22
23 What I am about to do:
24 Update my /etc/conf.d/net like so:
25
26 config_enp2s0="dhcp"
27 config_lo="dhcp"
28 config_sit0="dhcp"
29 config_wlp1s0="dhcp"
30
31 cd /etc/init.d
32 ln -s net.enp2s0 net.sit0 net.wlp1s0
33
34 rm /etc/init.d/net.eth0
35
36 rc-update del net.eth0 default
37
38 rc-update add net.enp2s0 sit0 wlp1s0 default
39
40 Please let me know if you find these steps correct. Thanks
43 > Unless you added net.ifnames=0 to your kernel options, you will be using
44 > the new(ish) predictable network interface names, see
45 >
46 > http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Udev/upgrade#udev_208_to_216
47 > and
48 > http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/
51 > --
52 > Neil Bothwick
53 >
54 > Bug: (n.) any program feature not yet described to the marketing
55 > department.
59 German <gentgerman@×××××.com>