From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 21:15:43
1 On Thu, 29 May 2008 09:35:39 +0200
2 Wolf Canis <wolf.canis@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > »Q« wrote:
5 > > Wolf Canis <wolf.canis@××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 > >
7 > >> Would know a message reach the ML with my Name but no signature or
8 > >> a different signature, could one relatively be sure about the fact
9 > >> that this particular message is not from the original "Wolf
10 > >> Canis".
11 > >
12 > > No, we'd have absolutely no way of telling whether or not it came
13 > > from the original "Wolf Canis". You could post using your usual
14 > > signature, telling us the other one wasn't from you, but we'd have
15 > > nothing to go on but your word. I think most of us /would/ take
16 > > your word for it, but I doubt the signatures make a difference in
17 > > that.
18 >
19 > That would mean that "Wolf Canis" is a bad boy and would have more
20 > than one signature, one for normal use and one or more for evil use.
21 > OK, if it's that what you mean, I understand it that way, then you
22 > are right. But I'm pretty sure that, if "Wolf Canis" comes with
23 > different signatures then it would be at least questionable and
24 > would probably lead to a ban, I think.
25
26 I'd support a ban in either that case (you pretending to be more than
27 one poster) or the other (another poster pretending to be you). But in
28 neither case do the signatures give us any more information than we
29 would otherwise have had about whether there's an imposter or not.
32 »Q«
33 Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.
37 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list