From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] monitor acting strangely when gdm starts
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 15:51:41
1 Mick writes:
2
3 > On Sunday 20 February 2011 14:20:56 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4
5 > Oh I see. You've upgraded xorg, but not your kernel ... ?
6 >
7 > If this is the case, then downgrade xorg-server back to 1.7 version.
8
9 X.org 1.7 has been masked, and will be removed from the portage tree in
10 four weeks. Sure, you can keep the ebuilds in the local overlay, but I
11 fear this will lead to trouble eventually.
12
13 I will do this for a while, too, but one day I will have to deal with
14 it. This X stuff is really giving me great trouble. Or maybe I will just
15 give up and get another graphics card, my on-board Radeon HD3200 does
16 not seem to be supported well. But then, I am having trouble with X
17 since I am using Linux, there were only few, short periods of time when
18 X just worked.
19
20 Wonko