From: Paige Thompson <erratic@××××××××××.sx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde / xbmc (kwin_x11 crashes when xbmc is started)
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 23:20:39
1 On 11/28/14 23:01, Paige Thompson wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I don't expect to get any actual support for this just wondering if
5 > there's some trivial reason I'm overlooking as to why kde_x11 (plasma5 /
6 > kde overlay) crashes when starting xbmc-9999. I thought it might be
7 > because xbmc was starting in full screen mode but I changed that and it
8 > still crashes. kde_x11 exits with a segfault each time even after xbmc
9 > is closed. I have to restart from xdm before it will run again.
10 >
11 > Thanks,
12 >
13 > -Paige
17 Just wanted to add, I switched to xfce and can start it without any
18 problems (in fullscreen and windowed.) So it must have something to do
19 with my kwin_x11 build I'll try updating kwin and see what I can find
20 out. Again just curious if anyone had any opinions can't really expect
21 support :)