From: "Patrick Börjesson" <psycho@××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage Problem
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 00:03:05
1 On 2006-03-14 16:47, Timothy A. Holmes uttered these thoughts:
2 > I am trying to install JFFNMS, as part of its dependancies, it wants to
3 > install php4.4.2, however the computer already has PHP5 installed and
4 > running nicely.
5 >
6 > Is there a way to install JFFNMS without installing php4 and have it use
7 > php5 properly?
8
9 That depends entirely on if JFFNMS runs on php5 or not... I'd guess that
10 if it's trying to draw in php4 as a dependency when you already have
11 php5 installed, it's probably not running on php4 reliably yet, in which
12 case you'll have to make some choises...
13 - If you don't really need php5, you just install php4 and unmerge php5
14 (and mask it if it's getting dragged in by emerge again).
15 - If you want to run both php4 and php5, read this:
16 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/php/php4-php5-configuration.xml
17 - Or you edit the ebuild for JFFNMS to not have a depencency for <php5
18 and try out running it on php5 instead... Probably wont work since
19 either the maintainer or developers of JFFNMS has tried running it (or
20 knows it wont run) on php5.
23 Regards,
24 Patrick Börjesson
27 / () The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email
28 \ /\ and proprietary formats.