From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alternate Incoming Mail Server
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 15:35:03
1 On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 05:24:03PM +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > You'd need to install a SMTP server on the backup system and configure it to
3 > relay emails to your primary mailserver.
4 >
5 > In the DNS you can configure priorities in the MX entries.
6
7 Hi, cheers for your response, however as Michael pointed out, such a server
8 would be unnecessary. I wasn't aware of the S.M.T.P.\ standard which mandates
9 M.T.A.s retry for four or five days, and given that my server won't be down for
10 longer than a few minutes, I think I'm going to stick with a single MX.
14 Ashley Dixon
15 suugaku.co.uk
18 DA96 D18A
19 8A7B B0D2