From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [HOT] (Half Offtopic) Gentoo on Nexus 7
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 09:11:50
1 WARNING: I have no Nexus 7 to try any of these out ...
2
3 On Sunday 05 Jul 2015 09:43:07 Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I am right at the start of gathering informations about this topic
7 > so the questions may sound a little unspecific at first...
8 >
9 > Is it possible to install Gentoo Linux on a Nexus 7 tablet (one
10 > WITHOUT phone functionality (no 3G)) ?
11
12 Yes, as far as I know you can multiboot systems on this device, so cross-
13 compile your Gentoo system and install it. It may be easier to compare
14 drivers and modules with Ubuntu installations so as to get a head start.
15 There is relevant post in the forums:
16
17 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-998188.html
20 > And:
21 >
22 > Is there any way to replace an exhausted accumulator of this tablet?
23
24 If by "accumulator" you mean battery:
25
26 https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nexus+7+Battery+Replacement/9895
29 Regards,
30 Mick