From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel compile problem
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 00:09:17
1 On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 03:07:05PM +0200, Alain Didierjean wrote
2 > Finishing a brand new install on a brand new machine,
3 > compiling kernel 3.4.9 is OK. Boot from it also.
4 > But the USB keyboard is not recognized, no input possible,
5 > though it works fine under BIOS or when booting from the install disk
6 > and chrooting). I must have forgotten something, some driver. Any cue ?
7
8 I ran into this too : I have an AMD processor in the new machine,
9 but an Intel in the old one, & the drivers for AMD are different.
10 You need to install all 4 of the 'xHCI' drivers (not as modules).
11 Look at the kernel help notes for them when configuring it.
15 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
16 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
17 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca