From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gconfd-2 woes
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 18:59:08
greets,

today I wanted to be clever and ran "emerge -e gnome" to rebuild all my
gnome-3 desktop.

Unfortunately things didn't get better from this.

I can hardly logon, gconfd-2 produces high load and
/var/lib/gdm/.gconfd/saved_state grows quickly to around 4 GB until it
fills the disk :-(

I removed that file while gdm was not running, no matter, it got created
again ...

So right now I have no desktop on my desktop, writing this from the
thinkpad.

Could someone point me at how to start debugging this?

I already rebuilt gdm, gconf, gnome-session ... revdep-rebuild shows
nothing, dispatch-conf either

Thanks, Stefan