From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How not to install nautilus-cd-burner
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:36:34
1 On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:06:30 +0000 (UTC), Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
2
3 > is there a way to leave this package for good? If I put in
4 > /etc/portage/package.mask I get complaints with an emerge -uDp world.
5 > gnome and gnome-media seem to really want it. I don't have a cd-rw in
6 > that box so I don't see why I should install this.
7
8 You could put it in /etc/portage/profile/package.provided, but whatever
9 wants it may then break.
10
11 Do you have the cdr USE flag set? If it is explicitly turned off (it may
12 be on by default in your profile) and a package is still trying to pull
13 this in, it may be worth filing a bug report.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 I am MODERATOR of BORG. Follow the rules or be assimilated.