From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] No news today?
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 09:29:32
1 Hi,
2
3 while emerging I was informed be this process about
4 some new news:
5
6 * IMPORTANT: 1 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
7 * Use eselect news to read news items.
10 So I did
11
12 solfire:/tmp>eselct news
13 zsh: command not found: eselct
14 solfire:/tmp>eselect news
15 Usage: eselect news <action> <options>
16
17 Standard actions:
18 help Display help text
19 usage Display usage information
20 version Display version information
21
22 Extra actions:
23 count Display number of news items
24 new Count unread news items (default)
25 all Count all news items
26 list List news items
27 purge Purge read news
28 read <item>... Read news items
29 new Read unread news items (default)
30 all Read all news items
31 item Number of item (from 'list' action)
32 --mbox Output in mbox format
33 --raw Output in raw format
34 unread <item>... Mark read news items as unread again
35 all Mark all news items as unread
36 item Number of item (from 'list' action)
37 solfire:/tmp>eselect news all
38 !!! Error: Action all unknown
39 exiting
40 solfire:/tmp>eselect read new
41 !!! Error: Can't load module read
42
43 What did I wrong here? I reinstalled eselect just to get shure that
44 in a proper state, but it does not help.
45
46 I am older than 30, please help me crossing the road... ;)
47
48 Have a nice weekend!
49 mcc
52 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
53 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
54 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
55 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.