From: Sigi Schwartz <sigi.schwartz@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Remote desktop to WinXP from Gentoo
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 18:18:27
1 Jose Maria Alvarez Fernandez wrote:
2 > Krdc works with vnc or rdesktop, so there shouldn't be a problem.
3 I beg to differ. Tried krdc last night when I read about it here. It
4 connected to my VNCserver on my WinXP-box alright and everything seemed
5 fine. After a few minutes (the screensaver on WinXP already got
6 activated) my Xserver didn't react on any mouse input anymore. Even
7 killing krdc didn't help.
8
9 Well, I don't know what exactly was the problem, but something like that
10 never happend with vncviewer (from net-misc/vnc; running stable ever
11 since I started using it) or any other program. So, for VNC-connections
12 I would recommend vncviewer.
13
14 Cheers,
15 Sigi