From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Disk Partitioning
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:07:08
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:50:10 +0000 Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
4 wrote:
5
6 > My problem now is that when I plug the disk in (it's am external USB
7 > disk) I get 2 icons on my kde desktop both saying 200G Media one
8 > is /dev/sda and the other /dev/sda1 but of course I only have 1 200G
9 > disk.
10
11 Probably there are still the filesystem magic bytes written in the boot
12 sector (first 512 bytes). I think overwriting them should do the trick,
13 but I'd like a second opinion on this, before I advice you to do
14 "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=512 count=1" (but if there isn't any
15 data on that drive, then go and try this...)
16
17 -hwh
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list