From: Phillip Sawbridge <phillip.sawbridge@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [konqueror] Can't invoke and editor when `view source'
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 19:34:39
1 Hi,
2
3 Just another workaround for this problem. The ones presented in that thread
4 didn't work for me.
5
6 I used the "open with terminal option" in konqueror to get around this emacs
7 probelm but didn't like the fact that there was always a extra terminal
8 window hanging around so I use dcop to hide that window.
9
10 So I configure konqueror to open files I want emacs to work with using this
11 script :
12
13 #!/bin/bash
14 # invokes emacs but hides the current konsole from which it was invoked.
15 # konsole should be killed automatically when emacs exits
16 # make sure that option is set in konqueror otherwise you will have a
17 million hidden windows.
18 # hack to work around bug in konqueror which requires you to invoke emacs
19 # through a terminal when double-clicking a file
20
21 # get invoking dcop konsole session id
22 KONSOLE_SESSION="$(echo $KONSOLE_DCOP | cut -d\( -f 2 | cut -d, -f1)"
23 # hide the window
24 dcop $KONSOLE_SESSION konsole-mainwindow#1 setHidden true
25 # start emacs
26 emacs $1 &
29 cheers,
30 phillip