From: Eric Martin <freak4uxxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Oops when mounting (some) XFS volumes
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:42:32
1 I'm at the end of my rope with this problem and I'm hoping that people
2 here can help. I have a few boxes that are Oops'ing on startup due to
3 mounting some xfs volumes. I created a machine with the 2008.0 live
4 cd and the stage3-i686-hardened tarball. I'm using xfs on top of lvm2
5 and some xfs volumes will mount while others won't. I first noticed
6 this in 2.6.27-hardened-r3, but I've since compiled
7
8 2.6.24-gentoo-r8 (same kernel as livecd)
9 2.6.27-gentoo-r7
10 2.6.27.10 (vanilla)
11
12 and they all have the same problem. home, tmp, usr, and var are all
13 xfs volumes (on top of lvm) but only var refuses to mount. I'm using
14 the same kernel config (albeit churned through make oldconfig) to
15 eliminate and discrepancies but I don't think it's kernel related as
16 they all do it (or I'm configuring the kernel incorrectly). Here's a
17 quick summary of the relevant livecd utils and what I currently have
18 on my box:
21 livecd
22 xfs 2.9.7
23 lvm libary 2.02.28
24 lvm library version 1.02.22
25 lvm driver version 4.12.0
26
27 my box
28 xfs 2.10.1
29 lvm libary 2.02.36
30 lvm library version 1.02.24
31 lvm driver version 4.12.0
32
33 I've looked through b.g.o, gmane and google but I couldn't find
34 anything relevant. I'm attaching a trimmed version of dmesg with the
35 errors and my emerge --info.
36
37 Thanks!
38 BTW, I just used a different fs on another machine with this problem
39 but either something is broken and should be fixed, or I'm doing
40 something incorrectly and need to be educated.

dmesg.trim.txt text/plain
emerge.info application/octet-stream