From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] jabberd2 + muc
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 22:38:53
1 Hi list,
2
3 I know this isn't really in the remit of the list but I'm hoping there
4 is an expert lurking here somewhere. Does anyone have experience setting
5 up Jabber, especially with mu-conference?
6
7 I'm trying to set it up for some colleagues but I'm running into a lack
8 of documentation, overly complicated configurations and a seemingly dead
9 project with mu-conference.
10
11 The packages are still alive and well in portage, yet the site and
12 mailing list haven't been touched for some years.
13
14 Does anyone know of an alternative text chat system with multi-user room
15 facilities? It needs to be separate from mainstream networks such as MSN
16 etc, have good ACL capabilities and must support SSL.
17
18 Not really sure what to look at next, and after about 6 hours of
19 fighting with jabberd2 and muc, I'm about ready to give up with it.
20
21 TIA