From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xorg does not start after a recent system update.
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 08:01:39
1 After a system update on 18.09.2020 of my Gentoo system, the
2 xorg-server failed to start with the following (last) error message:
3 dbus-core: error connecting to system bus:
4 org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound (Failed to connect to socket
5 /run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory)
6
7 Last time I updated my system on 8.08.2020 and everything worked fine.
8
9 I use startx to start xorg-server and I do not use systemd.
10
11 I still use the 4.19.86 kernel which is already out of Gentoo tree
12 without masking the newer ones. May it be the reason?