From: tecnic5@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mounting /dev/sdaX on boot does not work
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:33:32
1 Pavel Sanda <ps@××××××××××.cz>
2 30/01/2008 12:40
3 Por favor, responda a gentoo-user
4
5 Para: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 cc:
7 Asunto: [gentoo-user] Mounting /dev/sdaX on boot does not work
8
9 hi,
10
11 i have external hard drive connected through usb. i put the following line
12 into /etc/fstab
13 /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb ext3 user,auto,exec 0 0
14 but localmount reports the problem of not finding /dev/sda1.
15
16 when i tried to call mount -at .. after the boot proces in local.start it
17 proceeds well.
18 what is responsible for initializing of /dev/sda1? or have i forgotten to
19 add something into fstab?
20
21 thanks,
22 pavel
23 --
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
27 Most probably fstab isn't be the problem, but loaded modules. The modules
28 needed to handle USB connections must be loaded before you try to mount
29 any USB disk, although I'm not sure whether this is possible and/or
30 advisable. My suggestion is compiling this modules directly into the
31 kernel, that way you make sure you have USB support from the very
32 beginning.
33
34 HTH,
35 Abraham