From: Platoali <platoali@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] move instalation from one system to another one.
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:56:11
1 Hi,
2
3 My old laptop is dying. I'm going to move my gentoo installation to a new
4 one. The old one was an old Pentium-M and the new one is core due. I want to
5 to tar the root and boot and .. files from the old one to untar it to the
6 new one. I want to know, What packages needs to rebuild (with What flags?)
7 in the old one so that I would have a basic runable system in the new that I
8 can rebuild all the packages on the new system with the new FLAGS?
9
10 Did anyone do this in the past? Have anyone any experiences regarding this
11 issue? Any comments? suggestions?
12
13 This is my old laptop make.conf
14