From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: future moderation
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 00:04:43
1 Hi list,
2
3 An odd post here but I'm sitting up after midnight with a few beers and
4 I wanted to get an advanced word on this.
5
6 I don't know if anyone is subscribed to the ruby-talk mailing list at
7 the moment (or used to be on the comp.lang.lisp group a while ago).
8 There is an odd character there who is harming the community by either
9 being insane (not my words -- those of ruby guru Ryan Davis) or with
10 extremely well crafted trolling.
11
12 I see the trouble that ruby-talk is having with him and I wondered
13 firstly, if we would have similar trouble moderating his crap (he
14 alternates between email, usenet and forums. Apparently they can't
15 moderate him) and secondly, if/when he turns up here can we please shoot
16 him down the instant he arrives.
17
18 Ok, as I'm writing this it does seem that I'm going a little crazy, but
19 I consider this list my home. I love this list and the people on it..I
20 don't post that much these days but I have learned a lot. When I do
21 post, I get very helpful replies and I know you're good people. I would
22 just hate for this guy to come on here and wreck the joint.
23
24 Take this as you will, drunken ramblings or well-meant concern :)
25
26 Matt