From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user][Query] Network Manager
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 11:04:37
1 On Friday 15 February 2008 23:55:58 dell core2duo wrote:
2
3 > I have a query about network manager. Network manager is rewriting
4 > (actually putting blank there) my resolv.conf everytime it reconnected to
5 > some network by eth0.
6 > I want to avoid rewriting my resolv.conf. Can i do so ? if yes then how
7 > ?
8
9 I've tried two things at different times. One is to omit dns_domain_lo
10 from /etc/conf.d/net, and the other is to "chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf".
11 Both appear to work.
12
13 I do the first of those because I always have (I forget when this variable
14 was introduced, but it wasn't long ago), and the second because I don't
15 want any Gentoo scripts messing up my network configuration.
18 Rgds
19 Peter
20 --
21 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list