From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] macbook air external monitor causes black screen
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 22:29:37
1 Here is a wierd one,
2
3 I am using macbook air (mid 2012 - 5,2) and its working acceptably
4 finally (still some things to tune), with only one serious problem.
5
6 If I attach an external monitor/beamer/projector it works as expected,
7 after which I disconnect the cable (one of those display port adaptors),
8 set the resolution back to auto using the LXDE menu and suspend to
9 ram ... back at the office I resume the machine and start using it. If
10 I leave it, it then blanks the screen and nothing Ive tried so far will
11 reactivate it (backlight off) except pressing the power button ...
12 whereupon the screen flicks on, and the machine shuts down - useful! I
13 have not seen it actually blanking so cant see if its screensaver
14 related or not. Its only after I attach/detach an external monitor that
15 this occurs - otherwise no problem.
16
17 Its a reasonably fresh amd64 install (copied from a dell server I have,
18 and reconfigured), LXDE desktop and xscreensaver, no xinerama, xorg.conf
19 only contains settings for mtouch.
20
21 Has anyone hints as to where to look?
22
23 BillK