From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jpiatlicki@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Install software using ebuilds on other systems
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 21:11:21
1 Hi all,
2
3 I have one question.
4
5 There is a nice project called gentoo-prefix that allows to install
6 Gentoo in other systems locally. It is really greate, but if one needs
7 to easily install only a little number of packages it can be quite
8 boring to compile the whole base system to be able to do so.
9
10 Hence my question, is there a way to use portage to install software per
11 user on a different system using its system compiler etc.? Without
12 dependency checking of course ) I want just use an ebuild, so I do not
13 need to configure, make and install stuff by hand.
14
15 Thanks for answer,
16 regards,
17 Jauhien