From: Jamie Getty <jamiegetty1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Trying to fix stuttering emulators (melonDS and PCSX2)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 07:51:18
1 Hello Gentoo users. I've recently been encountering some issues running
2 games on my PC. Here's video evidence of the issues I've seen:
3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hNwwOOikGQ
4
5 I am using a GTX970 with the latest proprietary nvidia drivers (495.44-r2)
6 on the normal amd64 profile (default/linux/amd64/17.1). It's not the
7 version that's causing the problem, because I recorded the linked video
8 *before* I updated the drivers. The update changed nothing.
9
10 Oh, also, in the past, I followed this
11 <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Sound/How_to_Enable_Realtime_for_Multimedia_Applications>
12 article, so my user *jamie* is part of the *realtime* group, and my
13 /etc/security/limits.conf file looks like this. I thought it might be
14 relevant since I set it up back when I used Desmume instead of melonDS:
15
16 > * hard rtprio 0
17 > * soft rtprio 0
18 > @realtime hard rtprio 20
19 > @realtime soft rtprio 10
22 All of this has been frustrating me for nearly two weeks, so any help or
23 tips are much appreciated.
24 --
25 Sincerely,
26 Jamie