From: "Jan Stępień" <jan@×××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gnome, KDE applications and diacritical characters
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:52:34
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 Despite being a Gnome fan, I've been using few KDE apps, such as Amarok
4 and Kile. I've emerged them on my Gentoo desktop with a Gnome
5 environment. Unfortunately I'm not able to force a KDE apps to display
6 Polish diacritical characters (e.g. ć, ł, ę). All I can see instead of
7 them are small rectangles. I've tried to use qtconfig to change fonts
8 but it hasn't solve the problem. In my USE flag "unicode" is disabled.
9 I'm using ISO-8859-2 encoding.
10
11 Taking into account that this is an international group, I hope that
12 I'll be able to find someone who experienced similar problems and
13 managed to find a solution. Help would be highly appreciated.
14
15 Best regards,
16 Jan Stępień
19 Mail jan at stepien com pl