From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Introduction - new list user
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:01:40
1 On 6/12/06, Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za> wrote:
2 > My question is, what are the local rules around here for how to behave
3 > on list? I'm very much old school, and prefer lists over forums - in
4 > my world top posting, no snipping, HTML mail and hi-jacking threads
5 > are a huge no-no, pretty much strict RFC1855 compliance :-)
6
7 You'll do just fine here!
8
9 About the only other thing I've seen people get upset about is large
10 messages/attachments. Some poor souls have to pay by the byte for
11 bandwidth....so be a bit careful if you ever need to post a log file
12 or output of a long emerge.
13
14 Welcome to the list,
15