From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Short question on eix-sync; emerge -up world
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 10:02:34
1 On 17/06/06, Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > But: For me as user/sysadmin....what advantage I would have to
4 > install two versions of KDE-pakets ?
5
6 I haven't found a use for keeping the old KDE next to a new slotted
7 version, so I unmerge the old one after the new installation is
8 successfully completed. Of course I run (mostly) stable packages and
9 as a result KDE emerges usually work straight out of the box. If you
10 run ~ARCH then you may still need the old version until bugs and
11 teething problems are ironed out.
12
13 That's just my 2c's.
14 --