From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: idea
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 15:33:43
1 I have been looking for a project to learn (figure out) how to build
2 a secure portal on a gentoo-hardened server. I posting here so folks
3 can look at the general approach I'm going to take, and make some
4 better, corrective suggestions on this endeavor (learning excursion)?
5
6 So here is the plane.
7
8 Use the lilblue [1] or hardened-gentoo with glibc on top of btrfs
9 and use virtual box to set up several application. This software is
10 not multiuser. So I'm hoping to be able to allow one user to lock
11 and use a single instance to post a enough entries to frame a problem
12 of support question. I then want any number of folks to be able to
13 "view" the posing and then use the discussion group to make suggestions
14 as to the problem. Since there are many different (stable) version of
15 gnucash, I'm going to try to first install several different versions
16 of gnu cash so folks can post their problem on a version similar to what
17 they have.
18
19 The purpose of this excursion is to learn how to build a secure portal,
20 to learn how to set up VMs on btrfs and to become consistently competent
21 with gentoo-hardened.
22
23 I'm going to attempt to set up 12 instances of various version
24 of gnucash. [2]
25
26 Maybe I should use antoher code in lieu of gnucash? Suggestions in
27 hardened, security, web server etc etc are most welcome. Ultimately,
28 my goal is to be able to take various codes and build a secure
29 portal, with hundreds or thousands of sandboxed/jailed/VMed cell
30 that are secure with differ codes and eventually even different
31 OSes inside the cells on a gentoo-hardened platform.
32
33 All comments are welcome.
34
35 James